How to make your phone’s battery last longer
It is a fact that smart phone performance slows down with time as also the battery juice. It is very good to have big AMOLED and LCD screens but they do consume battery power and you will find that you are required to charge your smart phone more frequently than before.
Let us briefly understand how these batteries work. Mobile phones have either the lithium-ion or the lithium-polymer one. Both do not have memory as such and therefore it is not necessary to fully discharge them before charging and you do not have to do a 100% charge either. It is better to actually keep them in the 20-90% range since they often suffer from low voltage issues.
When you run out of battery, you may consider the usage of Xech powerbanks.
The following tips can enhance battery power and make them last longer:
- Have a dark colored background or wall paper. This is more effective with AMOLED screens since they only illuminate pixels that are colored. Hence less power is required to light up the screen
- Use the Doze Mode feature that has been available in the Android Marshmallow OS and is now much improved on the Nougat. This works by letting the battery doze off when the phone is not in use or is stationery. It shuts down the apps that are not in use and even scanning for Wi-Fi, GPS comes to a stop. You only have to keep the screen off for it to work.
- Turn off the hotwords of Google. While the Google OK voice searching feature is a great one, it does consume a lot of battery juice. It helps to shut it down if you are not using it regularly.
- Delete apps that you do not
- use regularly as they keep running in the background and consume battery juice. Similarly, use the “lite” version of apps. These only have the essential features and are simpler as well as lighter on the consumption of RAM and battery power.
- Check if all the apps on your device are optimized for battery power consumption. You can individually do a check and see that they are truly optimized.
- You can consider using an app like Greenify that truly optimizes performance and life of the battery. It puts the apps not in use in hibernation and saves on battery power in this manner.
- Do not use the auto brightness feature and manually tweak the brightness of your screen to your liking.